Saturday, December 29, 2012

Something new...

While down the shore this summer I had the best idea...create a website where you can register for anything from anywhere and it's all in one place for everyone to buy from....great idea, right? Yeah, well it seems that it was too good because someone already did it. No hard feelings though because they're totally awesome! The website I speak of is called Registry Love.

This website is totally awesome because it allows you to add anything from anywhere! If you want to register at 30 stores...it's fine! All you have to do is upload the link on their website and they will add all the gifts from each registry for you. When you sign up you get a concierge (mine is Marika...and she is AWESOME) who will answer any questions if you have them and help you with any items that you want to add.

Here are the two things that I found to be most helpful:
Options: My aunt bought me something from my registry which happened to not be in stock anymore. Not only did Marika email me immediately, but she also searched the internet for similar products at the same price so that I could substitute if I wanted...how great is that?
Which brings me to my next point....
Spreadsheet: Registry love creates a spreadsheet of all of your gifts so you can keep track of who gave you what, as well as if a thank you card was sent. Also, before a gift is sent to you you must accept/reject it. At first I was all like "that's so weird, obviously I want it if it's on my registry?" and then I received 2 Keurigs from bed, bath and beyond. See, if I had had that option with them I could have rejected the gift. Also cool? If you do reject the gift, the money that was spent on the gift is now yours to use on something else on your registry. (sidenote: my aunt said she didn't like this because then they are not really choosing the gift for you and that takes away their part in the gift, which I don't disagree with, but I really feel the reject option should be used only when something of the same has already been purchased or as in her case it was no longer available.)

Here are two things that I found annoying but hear me out:
Sale prices don't show up on the website: This was kind of annoying, but through much back and forth with Marika she explained that if something is on sale when it is purchased, the extra money will be credited back to me so that I could use it on something else on the registry. While this is a good option, it also means that someone wont buy something that is, let's say $50 but on sale for $30 because they don't know that it is actually $30. But I figure this is a lot easier than registering at 6 different places.
No coupons: Since you are going through this website and don't know where the product is being purchased from, you can't use coupons. This really does suck but perhaps in the future they will change this.

Don't get me wrong, I registered at bed, bath and beyond as well to appease those who want to go somewhere for a shopping experience, but overall most of my decor ended up on here. Dan and I like all different things from all different places, so registering at BBB for everything wasn't really an option for us. If you're as all over the place as we are this is the perfect place for you to register!


No comments:

Post a Comment