Monday, December 24, 2012

today...just a dream...tomorrow...who knows...

By day, I'm an associate designer at a children's clothing company, by night a masked crusader baking queen. Alright, maybe more of a princess, since im pretty sure you need to be over 5 feet to be a queen, no? There's something soothing about coming home from a crazy day at work, where nothing can be expected and nothing ever goes as planned, and jumping into a recipe that is so structured than any slight deviation may result in the destruction of the world...too far?...well, you know what I mean. I guess that's why I bake. I like the structure of a recipe that I shouldn't really alter. While cooking, you can throw a little of this or a little of that in there and everything could turn out fine. But in baking, if you mess with the amount of baking powder in your cake mix, you can kiss your beautiful end product goodbye. After getting home from work at 7 I like to take those few hours before sleep and make something beautiful that everyone can enjoy. I'm hoping to make this blog the spot where I can post all of my fabulous creations from baking to crafting, to any other crap that may arise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment