Thursday, June 27, 2013

so inviting


At long last the invitations have gone out!! It was a grueling process...but so worth it :) I designed the invitations myself (taking a bunch of inspiration from the various projects on Pinterest). Fortunately for me I have a wonderful friend who was able to print the invitations for me since the card stock I used was way too heavy for my at home printer (sidenote: I totally had to buy a new printer anyway because I needed to print my envelopes...whomp, whomp!) But in any case, I typed all my information cards up and added those to the mix.

Then I saw this wonderful tutorial on how to make doily envelopes. Unfortunately, for the size of my invites (5x7) the only doilies that work were the 9" square ones, which at the time were really hard to find! The site I found them on no longer seems to carry them, so scour the internet. 
I also opted to use old postage and match those accordingly. In order to keep to one color scheme it seemed that I would have to pay 3-5 times the value of the actual stamp. If you can afford it...I highly recommend searching etsy since they have amazing options...but for those whose piggy banks are a little smaller, I recommend going through ebay and ordering big lots of stamps. I ordered two lots or $80 and $60. Don't get me wrong, I ended up with about $20 in postage that I was unable to use for my invitations, but I can use them on any other letters I send out. Rent check gets the kwanza stamp :) My landlords don't care!But by keeping the stamp stories to different colors I was able to use all of the postage I got in these huge lots and still keep them cute. Here are some of my favorites from each color family:



Finally here are the finished products. Including the whole invitation suite and our response cards. TADA!




No comments:

Post a Comment